Thursday, February 02, 2006

A good day

Well its just after midnight on a Thursday and our family is complete again. We picked up Amy at the airport after a few minutes wait, because her flight was late. I guess the police man at the loading area wasn't too concerned that a minivan full of kids chanting "we want mommy, we want mommy"was much of a terrorist threat. He still asked us to make a few circles around the area so we wouldn't be "parking" in the loading zone. Before we left though, the preparations were pretty smooth as we got the house ready for mom's arrival. For some reason the theme song to "A-Team" kept playing in my head. While we weren't exactly a well-oiled machine we got a lot accomplished and I loved it when our plan came together. I learned a lot these last few days about myself, my kids, my wife and how laundry isn't done. Maybe some day I'll write them down here. Did I mention its after midnight on a Thursday? My life is going to be back to normal in a few hours and I'll be back at work while Amy stays home with the kids and things will be much like they were before. And you know what? That's OK with me.

More to follow . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think amy needs to go on another adventure so there'll be some fresh reads here! ;)