Saturday, April 16, 2005

Beginnings . . .

I never know what to write in a journal. I never know what's going to be important to anybody in ten minutes let alone ten years. My life is wonderfully normal. I have a beautiful wife, five children, a dog, some guppies, a mortgage, and one and a half minivans. I have a good job in a stable career; I play music and have quasi-dreams about being able to be a professional singer/songwriter for a living. I play guitar and write my own songs. I have million dollar ideas and a twenty dollar budget. I live in a small town with quiet neighborhoods far from the insanity of the major metro areas. I am deeply religious and like to think that everything is spiritual. Not in some new-age "wherever you go, there you are" way, but in muted, subtle manifestations. My children are happy, healthy and intelligent. I have a lot to be thankful for. I also have a great deal of responsibility that I'm not always crazy about. I suppose I could complain about some things, (I've got some interesting family dynamics and socio-political issues I'm concerned about) but after I get through counting all the ways my life is really enviable, I would be too tired to take on a hypocritical endeavor like that. So until I'm in a fouler mood, I'm just going to have to be a little Pollyanna-ish about things. I hope that's alright.

More to follow . . .

No comments: